Monday, February 8, 2010

Snow

I've had enough snow.  Where's Global Warming when you need it?

The last time I saw snow up to my knees or above was when I was maybe four years old, and lived off Wilson Point Road near the Martin's plant.

I haven't ever seen such a slow response to streets needing plowed, and have been a bit annoyed by some folks who would have us put the snow only in special places.  I'm old, folks, and if I'm gonna have to throw snow around, I'm not gonna carry it any farther than I have to.  I hear I shouldn't put snow on the street - I don't think the plows ought to negate 5 hours of work on my part by plowing my driveway shut worse than it was before I started clearing it. 

I'll quit throwing it in the street when the plows stop blocking my driveway. 

Last I heard we might get another foot (of snow) tomorrow.  Baltimore City is on liberal leave but essential folks have to report. Yesterday I could not get a car out to the street - this morning I could have, but everything was iced and I could not predict which way it would go after I got it into the street, so it was a no-go for getting in to the office for me.  I took the day off, and was glad that I did.

But when I thought about it, it occurred to me that, had I been essential personnel, I might have got into trouble for failing to report.  Without an all-wheel-drive vehicle, there's no way I could have reported, and I don't own one of those.  Guess I'll have to go and get one if I am deemed essential.

Meanwhile, I guess I'll enjoy the time off - and curse the snow.

Tomorrow, alas, I'll go in to the office, at least until the snow comes again.

Global Warming - gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.