Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Tuesday

A week ago I left the office early, feeling rather ragged.

I was right - today I am starting to feel human again. About once a year or so a respiratory bug gets hold of me and shakes its head and bounces me around.

I did see a doctor who prescribed Amoxycillin, which I have taken and continue to take, although I have no real reason to think it has done anything except make my stomach unhappy with me for a time. Mostly I have slept - in my bed at night, then in my chair in the living room during the day. I have always been able to sleep, but when afflicted with some bug or another my sleeping ability increases exponentially. My usual signal that the bug has left is that I can get bored in my chair with my computer on my lap, and not fall asleep and drop it on the floor. I know the but isn't finished with me yet because I still can be sitting here and suddenly note that an hour or more has passed, or that I suddenly really need to get up and go to the bathroom.

Being sick sucks, and it sucks worse as I get older because it stays around longer. For a week now I have not been back downstairs to beat on my Home Server project, although I have gone after the machine using Remote Desktop, it just isn't the same as being right there and putting my hands on the things inside it. Maybe this evening I'll go and do some of that.

I had my annual eye exam this morning, only about two years late. I need new glasses (what's new) and grumbled a bit at the doc who told me that he was in the business because it was a human fact of life that the lens in one's eye stiffens with age, requiring continuous changes to correction, thus assuring him of a lifetime of clients. I thanked him for the educational information, and we proceeded onto more important conversational items - he told me about his new Harley Davidson motorcycle, and I told him the tail of my getting hit last year on mine, whereupon he told me of a similar incident that he had on his. Funny how much stuff there is to share sometimes.

I'm thinking tomorrow may be the last day for staying home. I did start the motorcycle the other day and do a couple of errands on it - and tomorrow is supposed to be perfect motorcycle weather, so if I feel like going out tomorrow, I guess I'll have to feel like going back to work on Thursday. Maybe in the next life I can plan better and be independently wealthy by the time I reach this age.

I need to go and find some lunch. This is a good sign; when I feel really rotten I don't notice missed meals, so I guess I am getting better.

Have a good day, y'all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.