Tuesday, July 12, 2011

"Illegal Immigrant"

This is a term that really gets my goat.

Consider, if you will, that an immigrant is a person who gets here having followed a prescribed set of steps, during which process he learns about the nation, about its history, about its government, its language, customs - in short enough to blend in and assimilate.

When you put illegal in front of immigrant, suddenly it makes no sense - because immigrant is a legal thing to be and how does one become an illegal legal person?

It is just another attempt by so-called progressives to confuse us.  The proper term is "Illegal Alien" which makes sense, because we accept aliens too - provided they do a few things, like let us know they are here.

Illegal Aliens are Invaders.

Why not call them what they are?

I'm really tired of having to wait through the Spanish questions on ATM's to get to the language used here.  I think speaking other languges is neat and useful - I've learned several myself - but here we use English.

I also have that folks talk about me in other languages assuming I'm too stupid or ill-educated to know what they're doing.  When I do know, I call them something obscene in their own language as I leave the room - when I don't, I attempt to join the conversation using one of the languages I have learned. It is truly amazing how quickly hispanics have their English improve when I start talking to them in low German.  I can usually remember enough Spanish from almost 55 years ago to put together a good sentence stating that I don't like speaking Spanish when nothing else works.

Folks that come here should come here to be here - not to recreate there - if there was really so great, then whythehell did you leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.