Sunday, January 4, 2009

PBR Redux....

Well, we went back into town this evening for the second round of Professional Bull Riders, and for the championship round for this event.  It was worth the trip.

I hate the arena that is used - it was built 40 years ago, and apparently people were a lot smaller then.  The seats grab me hard enough to leave me with numbutt after an hour, and the rows are so close together my legs get jammed against the seatback in front of me.  In spite of this, I will subject myself to this venue because the PBR puts on a really good show.  

The attendance was much better this evening than last evening - even the nosebleed sections were pretty full. The crowd was noisy, and they were obviously enjoying the event.  This is a good event for Baltimore - and for the PBR as the season opener it was a bit of a Big Deal that it was to be done in Baltimore - in past years, Madison Square Garden in New York City got the nod for this - this year, they get the second event of the year.  Maybe one year before we die Phyllis and I go to New York City, and stay at the old Loewe's Summit or something for a couple of days and take in the bulls at MSG and maybe a broadway show.

Maybe next year even.

For anyone out there, if the PBR gets close to you, or even if there's something less big, go see some bull riding.  Everyone I know has enjoyed it, even those that were plenty skeptical. Check your preconceived notions at the door, head inside, and enjoy the spectacle - and marvel at just how fast, strong and athletic both the cowboys and the bulls are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.