Thursday, October 3, 2013

New Things

It is Thursday and while all is not right in the world, all is pretty OK by me.

I had a really good time at the Stammtisch meeting on Monday - maybe I already talked about that.

Tuesday, the Moto Guzzi motorcycle I got via eBay arrived at home via uShip just as it should have, on time and in good condition. The culmination of a week of waiting and wondering, but as of today, it is all good.

It took a lot of Wednesday to get the inspection, insurance, tags and request for new title accomplished and it wasn't cheap - but when Wednesday was over, there were tags on the motorcycle, I had ridden it enough to know I was going to like it, and I even rode it to a pretty good choir rehearsal, after which I came home and died. Apparently I  moved around more on Wednesday taking care of Bike Things than I usually do and wore myself out.  It is becoming apparent that the healing from the broken leg and perforated ulcer is not anywhere near complete. I had allowed half a day to get that all done, and it took almost the whole day, but now it is done.

Bu now everyone knows that, between Congress  and the President are doing their best to  make their little pissing contest affect everyone. I can't believe that they would close a park that is open space and needs no guards, but apparently everyone is going to get hammered while congress and the president come to grips with the fact that they won't always get what they want.

Meanwhile, a judge n Maryland used a specious circumstance to get petulant with folks that are concerned about the gradual dilution of the Second Amendment, and denied a request for an unreasonable reason, thus falling in like with King-wannabe Marty.

I suspect that most folks who wander by here know what I think about guns, gun control, and folks who would tell me what I need, and why I should bow to their imagined possibilities of this'n'that - and probably also know that I don't have a whole lot of patience with those who harbor an irrational fear of an object that without a human to operate it mostly just stays where it is put.  If anyone doesn't know, I would suggest starting with the essay(s) found here:   http://lneilsmith.org/

I do own a motorcycle or two, a gun or two, a television or two, a computer or two and an automobile or two.  It is my opinion that just how many of each of these items I own is between myself and my wife and should be of profound indifference to anyone else.

Likewise if someone should ask why I need more than one gun I shall point out that if I were in charge of what folks need, well, nobody would have more than 1 car, 1 television, 1 house - you get the idea. If it gets as far as my daughter's shoes, well, I'll have to move to a new universe to get out of the way of invective that will surely be coming my way.

I did not intend this to turn into a polemic, but it looks like it might. Those easily offended would be well advised to go and watch The Price is Right or some similar twaddle on the TeeVee.

Speaking of TeeVee, Amazon had a hell of a sale a while back on TV Series, and I picked up Firefly, which has to be about the best show aside from maybe Roswell, NCIS, Eureka and the early Law & Order.  One of the few benefits of having a broken leg is that folks will leave you alone about parking yr arse in front of the TeeVee and watching all the episodes of a show in one sitting.  Firefly is just great!

I just heard someone tried to drive a car through the white house gate - wonder what that was about, and how that person missed knowing that there were no tours....

Someone's looking for me, so I really need to go and do something useful.  Y'all come back, y'hear?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.