Monday, September 30, 2013

Monday Morning

It's that time again -Monday Morning - start of a new week, glorious to wake up and look up and not see roots....   Also the day when all the oh-crap-I-overslept folks are on the highway trying to make up time, but succeeding only in making others miserable.  I guess you might think I had a lousy commute this morning....

You would be right - it seems all the cop's-favorite-word-type people were out - running 80 in a 55 zone, less than half a car behind the poor sap ahead of them, changing across 4 lanes with nary a signal, and putting on makeup in the process. I must confess I used a hand signal I learned overseas (no, not the 'and an upright middle finger to you' sign, the sign that says 'you're an anal sphinctre of the first degree') several times on the way to work, but not really in any more than a halfhearted manner - the energy that outrage takes isn't all that well spent, and eventually the arzls go and ply their trade on someone else and leave me alone.

I was a little late this morning, and someone was occupying my parking place again, so I just went elsewhere and became part of the problem for a change instead of wasting a lot of time trying to educate the ineducable - I parked in someone else's space, but only because I was late.

So far this morning, nothing is broken.  I have some more data to rip apart for the guy that's working on a project for the boss, but most of that code is done and just needs a little messing with.

I unpacked a new version of Clarion this morning, and will be converting everything that is currently in production to the newest version as time permits.  I also have my own version of the .NET product, and need to get busy learning about it, as I think it could be useful in the future.

Over the weekend I did something to the leg I broke so it hurt a good deal on Sunday, but it is quiet again this morning.  I was going to motorcycle this morning, but because I was late I didn't bother.  Maybe tomorrow, if I get home tonight early enough to get it out and feed it.  Tomorrow evening the Moto Guzzi arrives, and I am really looking forward to that.

The Stammtisch is meeting tonight at a saloon called Ryan's Daughter in Baltimore, and I plan on attending - see if I have improved either my accent of vocabulary since the last meeting.  I am enjoying resurrecting my command of German, and it has been a lot of fun meeting other speakers of German, particularly those who were born there.  It is also interesting having to deal with regional dialects again, and I am assured that my own is among the worst!

I wish I could remember more of the Russian I once knew - I would look for a similar opportunity to exercise that language.  Maybe in my spare time after I retire....

I thought about some political rants for this morning but decided I don't want to go there - it just depresses me, and some days it  even overcomes my Prozac - and I don't need that today.

Late in October a cousin (first cousin once removed) is getting married in Las Vegas, and I am going to go. I had hoped hot to be going alone, but some days it just goes that way.  I haven't been to Las Vegas in more than 40 years (last time was when Jamie was born!) and the spectacle should be interesting, but the best part will be seeing some cousins I no longer get to see often enough because they have migrated to the West Coast - and I no longer travel for work.

Traveling on the job can spoil a person - when I have to start paying my own way, I realize just how damn expensive it can get!  I wish I had the time to drive or take the train, but as long as I have to work, that sort of travel takes too much leave time.  Maybe after I retire....

I got called away and forgot where I was, so I guess I ought to end this and wait for coherence to come back into my life.

I would sure like to know who reads this....  Leave a comment if there's a topic about which you might want to read my views - I'll try to avoid outright obscenity.

Y'all have a good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.