Monday, December 15, 2008

Monday Morning

Well, it is Monday morning again.  We have something to do before I head for the office, so I won't be in much before noon or so.  To balance, I'll end up downtown until around 8 or so in the evening, but I may actually Get Something Done today.

Jamie is now in Australia.  It took a bit - he went from Timaru to Wellington to Auckland to Sidney, and apparently picked up a tour guide, because he spent yesterday on a whilrwind tour of Sydney, including some parke he didn't know existed, and now is shopping for a GPS.  He even got a new telephone number afer leaving New Zealand.  Text messaging, FaceBook and Skype all come into play for information transfer.  We may yet get his Mom out of the 60's as far as electronic thingies are concerned.

I was hoping for a motorcycle day today, since it is supposed to get into the mid 60's but it is also supposed to rain - and I do not like riding in the rain.  Still, it is beautiful out right now.

Ten days to Christmas - don't even ask about my shopping - it is not only undone, it is practically devoid of ideas.  Never have I felt so far behind.  Yesterday I never even got dressed - I spent the day online and sleeping (not simultaneously) and am still tired.  Retirement is starting to look pretty good - it is a shame that I can't afford it yet.  I think Phyllis is probably glad I can't afford it - having me under foot all the time would probably make her crazy.  In the summer I could ride but in the winter maybe I'm better off going to work.

Well, it's time to go and see Joe, so I'll get ready and do that.  Have a good day, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.