Sunday, September 15, 2013

Back to Work after the first week...

Well, this week I went back to work, most of the day.  I am now allowed to drive my car, and even to start my motorcycle provided I don't drop it on myself.

Going back to work was good, felt good, and tired me out at the same time.  I forgot how much little things like walking get taken for granted.  My parking space is as far away from my office as it can get in our garage, and right now it takes a lot longer to walk that little bit than it used to - and wears me out worse.

Not helped by the fact that they finally fixed our air conditioning, so I finally had to resort to a flannel shirt in order not to shiver and have chattering teeth!

Kinda nice to have my tools & toys the way I expect them to be, instead of working remote with things ass I like them at home but not for work purposes.

I even managed to fi a couple of things this week, one of which had me angry and frustrated when the long hiatus started back in late July.

Damn.  I just realized I was out for nearly two months. My email is still a bit behind but is getting caught up. With any luck t all, by the time December comes, I'll be ready for Thanksgiving.

I have ridden the motorcycle a couple of times, and it did feel good.  My wife thinks I should go for one a little lighter, which has put me into looking at some of the BMW R-series that I so loved, as well as the Honda Pacific Coast and ST models, and the oddball but marvelous Moto Guzzzi tourers.

I was considering a sidecar on a Gold Wing or maybe a BMW K-model, but they are all coming up a bit too dear.  My wife is backing this, but hasn't yet given me an indication of  what she will tolerate by way of a price, so for right now i am just looking.  I, of course have the New Motorcycle fever, but she tends to be a bit more grounded than I am, so I can be sure it won't happen today or tomorrow.  We shall see.

Overall, I am feeling better, but still tire far too easily and find pain when I've been doing too much and, of course, dietary restrictions don't do much for my good nature.

Be well, y'all

PS - I sometimes wonder who reads this - whoever you are out there,  you might leave a comment or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.