Monday, September 16, 2013

Monday Evening

The Monday I started this morning is slowly drawing to a close.

I did take those two lab slips to a lab this morning and bled profusely for the phlebotomists there.  Happily, they looked at both slips and were able to combine them - otherwise I might have had to have as many as 30 vials drawn.  Thinking about that many vials makes me a little queasy.  But we got through those we needed to do - then I could go home and get my medications and some breakfast.  It seems that some of these labs have to be done after at least an 8 hour fast.

Work was an atypical Monday - some folks who did not know I was back got surprised, and the yelling was minimal.  I started an onerous task and made good progress, and had a few thoughts of better ways to do a few things - so I should be in good shape for the next 10 days or so.

A couple of friends sent me a couple of real howlers that I had to pass along to around 40 or so other folks - good comic relief, and I got a load of spam at work in languages I could not even recognize. We have some pretty good filters, but the spammers get more clever (or lucky) each day. It becomes annoying when 25 people want to help me with a problem I do not have.

I've been looking at motorcycles lighter than Big Suzi, and am concluding that a BMW twin or a 4 might be nice at least 10 and maybe as much as 20 years old.  saw a couple of nice Moto Guzzi's, and then I found a Honda Pacific Coast.  At 800 CCs it ought to be big enough, as well as cheap to feed, and it's a classic.  For the time being, I think no sidecar - maybe in a couple of years but for now a middleweight might be a better choice.  The heavy bike is perhaps better suited to a trip to California, but somehow I think I am not going to be doing that for a while - and when it does come, a train or motorhome would be a better vehicle.

Unless you live in a cave, you know about what happened in DC today - another crazy used a gun-free zone as a way to assure a bunch of defenseless victims.  Nobody seems to have anything resembling a reason for this - but some of it lays at Bill Clinton's feet - it was he who determined that military personnel on base would be disarmed.

I think maybe this rant should be elsewhere, so I'm gonna shut up.

Tomorrow is Tuesday, and there is a meeting of the German Speaker's Association, which meets about every two weeks.  I had been to another meeting just before I broke my leg, and look forward to a second.  If I am careful, I won't hurt the dietary requirements, and it should be a pleasant evening.  I look forward to it!  I met a bunch of interesting people at the last one, and it should be a real giggle just trying to converse in a language that I used to use all the time.

I'll have more to say about that after the meeting.

This weekend has the Ramblers holding an open house, and I plan to be there at least for a time, although whether I'll compete in the scavenger hunt is questionable to the point of unlikely.

I just heard Phyllis come in, so I k I'll chat wither for a while, and let y'all rest.

Have a gold evening and a better day tomorrow.

I know someone's reading this - it would interest me to have feed back on relevance, reason, etc.  If you don't want to comment in a place others can read it, send me email rar1942@verizon.net.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.