Monday, September 9, 2013

Monday Morning at Zero Dark Thirty

It's Monday Morning (again - seems to happen weekly around here....) and I am still up - couldn't stay awake about two hours ago and now I am wide awake and not at all interested in going to bed.

This morning I have a visit with an orthopod who will, I hope, tell me I don't have to wear this fracture boot any more and can go back to work.  I wish I thought he'd tell me it was OK to ride my motorcycle again, but he's one of those folks that think that motorcycles are the creation of a hateful being, and have only one purpose - to supply organ donors.

I'm sure he never had a motorcycle, and if he ever got on one, it was to sit behind an asshole determined to scare him to death!

At any rate, that is what I am hoping for this morning.  I still have three weeks of restricted diet (soft foods only, and all the water I want) before I see my bariatric surgeon again, and before that I have to go and bleed at the lab, and by the look of the lab sheet, it will take about 17 vials of blood for all the tests he wants done.

Then, I'll have to get another upper GI endoscopy, not one of my favorite ways to spend a day. He wants to see if the ulcers are better, worse, still the same or gone.  Based on what he sees, my diet and working permissions may well get changed again. This getting old stuff really is a PITA.

I'e steered clear of the news for a couple of days just to be sure I don't become outraged and create a new ulcer.  I don't know if it works, but at this point if it means that I'll have a smaller chance of repeating the last few weeks, I'll take it.

I've been watching eBay again, looking at motorcycles, both sidecar rigs and lighter (than what I have) solo bikes.  I'd really kinda like to have another BMW - R or K model, not sure which - and some are aailable at reasonable prices, although they have more than a little age on them. The BMWs I have had before were all ancient by any normal measure, and they stood up to anything I cared to give out. Maybe it is time for another BMW.

Of course, my lovely wife knows I am looking, but can ignore it until I have to ask her to borrow a couple of thousand bucks for a motorcycle.  If I am permitted to live, all will be well and I'll have a much lighter motorcycle to pick up, hopefully less regularly.

But then again, a sidecar rig could be a real giggle.

I think I'm ready to get some sleep.

Be well, y'all - II'll have more to say after I see the orthopod.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.