Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BMW Drivers redux

With regard to a previously bitched-about driver of a large and expensive BMW, it looks like he's gonna skate, at least as far as the police department is concerned. IID has ruled that it is a civil matter, which means that Internal Investigations has decided it is OK for a cop to park in someone else's parking place and destroy the steering mechanism of a vehicle that is parked there blocking him - in effect that malicious destruction of another's property is only important if the destroyer happens not to be a cop driving a BMW that cost $85,000.

Maybe next time he'll do it to a cop that outranks him - but this civilian isn't interesting enough for the department to want to charge him with anything - although I can call a States' Attorney and have charges pressed - if I want to take a chance on becoming unemployed for my efforts.

Some days just plain suck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.