Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Choir Rehearsal

It's Wednesday night again - that means choir rehearsal. To say I look forward to it would not always be true, but I'm always glad I went - something about singing is liberating, and reading new music is mental exercise that is enough different from a workday task that it is a pleasure, and a pleasure to rest afterward.

Of course, youngest daughter will be there with my newest grandson, so I'll get a few face minutes with Sammy. The weather has got warm again, so it looks like Indian Summer is in full swing.

Tomorrow morning my son will run me up to Jack's up the road where I'll collect my motorcycle, now completely repaired after a vicious act of destruction that rendered it unusable late last week. I think I'll call Frank and see if he wants to make a leaf run on Friday.

Frank is a musician (I almost said another, but I'm nowhere near in the same class with him) whose music room includes somewhere around 20 guitars and many other instruments. He was my wife's first guitar teacher a good 40 years back, and is in my opinion one of the best guitarists around this area, although he teaches now and no longer plays clubs and such. He also has a nice touch on a keyboard, and is a genious with his midi gear - I have a CD that he made called "Frank's Back Room" that is mostly a bit on the jazz side, and includes full band arrangements, all played by Frank, a track at a time using Cakewalk, his computer, a couple of guitars and a couple of keyboards. Pretty neat stuff - I am so damn envious I could spit!

There is something about music - I have it going all the time, using a headset at work so I don't have to hear crap from everyone now that I no longer have my own office (grumble & bitch here....) Right now it's T-Bone Walker playing "One for the Lonely", live in Paris - and it is all I can do to keep my feet still.

I think we're doing a little free association here tonight.

So I'll shut up, shut down these computers, get the laptop ready to travel and head for home.

Be well, y'all and keep a song in yr heart of hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.