Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Political Speeches

One of the best, if not the best I have ever heard is that delivered this evening by John McCain.

Of the important points, one he made that I'll bet gets ignored in the general hooha is that it's time now to get together and work together - and that's how the game should work.

Frankly there was no candidate that would have suited me 100%, the reasons for which statement are not important at this point. We have our work cut out for us, all of us.

I have faith in the nation, faith that the Founding Fathers new what they were about, and while I have my concerns, the election has been conceded, and we all have our work cut out for us - and while I don't expect necessarily to like all that happens in the ensuing four years, there's no point in my trying to make life hard for the folks coming in.

The nation is a lot like a train -You don't steer a train, the most you can do is try to figure out which way it is wants to go and either help all you can, or get off.

For me, to get off the train means leaving the nation and finding another more to my liking ( and having lived in Germany there was a lot there to like) - but this is still the best place in the world, in my opinion - so I am required to be part of the solution, not part of the problem.

Of course, having voted, I retain my bitching rights.

It's done, folks - let's get on with our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.