Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday Afternoon

I thought I would get to dog it today , but it is not to be - choir this morning went well, but I forgot about an organ committee meeting this afternoon, which will keep me from computer stuff I need to do on the church's network.  Maybe next weekend.

I saw several motorcyclists today, and can only conclude that they have better circulation than I do, that they're dead, or that they don't feel the cold like us older folks do.  I thought about starting one motorcycle this morning and then changed my mind and took the old Volvo to church. Probably one of my more clever moves this weekend - I sure didn't have any on Saturday....

Phyllis and I had lunch at a place we like for the first time in many weeks, and it was nice to have an hour undisturbed and uninterrupted by some reality of life.  We don't have enough of these times any more - one of the things I am suposed to work on is somehow finding or creating more of them.  For some reason I thought that when I reached this age there would be leisure aplently, and that it would not be hard to schedule relaxed time since that's all there would be.  I sure did get that one wrong. 

Out baby Elizabeth sang in early church and I didn't get there, but Phyllis assures me that she did beautifully.  Liz's baby Sam was bellyaching when I arrived but stopped within a couple of minutes (no thanks to me) and I was reminded how not ready I am for my baby to be a Mom.  I guess maybe I never will be completely ready for her to be a totally independant person, but she's doing it so well, and has scheduled her life much better than I had at her age.  She was 26 today, has her master's degree, a couple years of teaching experience, a husband and a baby - and they're all well, healthy and happy.  I wish I could take some credit for all of this but I can't - she's her own person, and that person has grown into a really great adult, seemingly while I wasn't looking.  How does this happen?

Well, I have to go get some coffee and get back to church for the organ committee meeting, after which I just might get to work on the network for a little bit - if I can remember to take this ToughBook with me.  One thing I am learning is to have Vista, which is what was on the last two computers we bohght for church.  Granted, it does a lot that I used to have to do for myself, but I am not convinced that it does it better, and I know damn well that it takes away many options, not to mention sucking down resources like they were infinite.

Of course, I am still convinced that OS/2 should have won over WinDoze 3.1....

Be well, y'all - I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.