Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunday, Part Two

It's really time to go to sleep, but Phyllis and I are up watching the PBR finals for the year.

For those of you who don't know what the PBR is, it's the Professional Bull Riders. We've been watching this spectacle or several years and even went to the Baltimore Arena to watch in person when they came to Baltimore.

Frankly, I was surprised that my wife got hooked on this sport - it's dangerous, occasionally bloody, but some of the bull riders are really interesting people - and overall they seem to be good folks. It's an international sport; some of the riders are from Brazil (in fact, Adreano Moraes, the only three-time world champion is from Brazil) and some from as far away as Australia.

But it is world final time, so we will spend tomorrow sleep-deprived.

I did make a leaf run this afternoon of around 70 miles, and saw some colors so brigh that they hurt my eyes. Beautiful day, if a little chilly - time to get the hippo hands out and the crash bar covers to block off the worst of the wind. I have ridden all year round, but as I get older, I need more help to ignore the chill in the winter.

I think I am about to try and buy a sidecar for my Honda. I've never had a sidecar before, but riding in the winter would definitely be easier with the outrigger to keep me vertical....

The new world champ of the PBR is another Brazilian, and tonight the bulls won more than the riders did - but it was fun to watch.

BTW - the winner of the world championship had a one megabuck payday. All he had to do was stay on more bulls than his competitors for 8 seconds a piece. Sounds easy, no?

NO!

Have a good night - Monday is a work day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please consider letting me know who you are - at some point I am going to go to a known comment writers only format - and I would like to preload the permissions list.